Free shipping on all local order above $500
Blazing-fast 10GBASE-T (Copper) Connectivity Over Thunderbolt 3 for Mac, Windows, and Linux Computers
Increased demand for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth on high-performance shared storage networks has driven the explosion in demand for 10Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) networking. Yet, most computers aren’t equipped to get you connected. If your computer has a Thunderbolt™ 3 port, you are in luck—Sonnet’s Twin10G™ (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) 10GbE adapter is the powerfully simple and most cost-effective solution for adding blazing-fast dual-port 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac®, Windows®, or Linux® computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Connect to 10GbE Infrastructure
The Twin10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter is equipped with two RJ45 ports, enabling it to connect to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive Cat 6 or Cat 6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively.
Small and Nearly Noiseless
The Twin10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter is compact enough to easily fit in most workspaces, yet large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
How simple? Just connect the Twin10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter to your computer via the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, download and install a driver, connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage via Cat 6 or Cat 6A cables, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel, Windows Device Manager, or Linux command line (or graphical utility).
The Twin10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter’s dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and also support link aggregation (teaming) for increased throughput!
Thunderbolt 3 – The USB-C That Does It All
Thunderbolt 3 ports; the first connects the adapter to your computer, while the second supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The Sonnet adapter includes 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. The Twin10G also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz. For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices.
- Mac (Intel®) with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac (Intel) with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable (both sold separately)
- Mac (M1) not currently compatible (Sonnet M1-compatible driver expected Q1 2021)
- macOS 10.12.6+
- macOS Big Sur compatible
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or greater)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
Thunderbolt 3 adapter
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Two RJ45 ports
- 12V power port
- 10BASE-T (100 meters using Cat 6A cabling; 55 meters using Cat 6 cabling)
- 5GBASE-T, 2.5GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX (100 meters using Cat 5e, Cat 6, or Cat 6A cabling)
Link Aggregation (Teaming)
Maximum packet size: 15872 bytes (jumbo frames)
- Flow control support
- MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- RSS (Receive-Side Scaling)
- Interrupt coalescing
- Multicast filtering
- 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory
- Wake-on-LAN support not supported
- TCP, UDP, and IPv4 checksum offloading
- TSO (TCP Segmentation Offload, AKA Large Send Offload)
- LRO (Large Receive Offload)
- RSS (Receiver Side Scaling)
- Universal 60W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- NRTL Certified
0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
4 x 8.25 x 2.75 in. (10.3 x 21 x 7.3 cm)
2.95 lbs. (1.34 kg)
- Twin10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter
- 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clip
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord