【Sonnet Technologies】SF3 Series - CFexpress/XQD Thunderbolt Pro Card Reader
- Dual CFexpress/XQD Card Slots
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Data Transfer Rate: up to 2750 MB/s
- Daisy-Chain Five Additional Devices
- Supports up to 100W of Power Delivery
- Thunderbolt 2 & Thunderbolt Compatible
- Supports USB 3.2 Gen 2 Devices
- Aluminum Enclosure & Stackable Design
- Includes Thunderbolt 3 Cable
- Windows 10 & macOS 10.12.6+ Compatible
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Take advantage of the speed and power of Thunderbolt 3 to transfer content from your CFexpress Type B and XQD media to systems running Windows 10 (64-bit) or macOS 10.12.6 and later using the SF3 Series CFexpress/XQD Pro Card Reader from Sonnet. In addition to Thunderbolt 3 compatibility, Mac users may use this card reader with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt connectivity by way of a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter and a Thunderbolt cable.
Using the 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 bus, Sonnet's CFexpress/XQD card reader can operate at speeds up to 2750 MB/s when downloading one CFexpress card. When simultaneously working with two CFexpress cards, speeds max out around 2600 MB/s, and dual XQD cards deliver speeds of up to 800 MB/s. Sonnet built this reader with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, one of which connects to your host system and provides up to 100W of power, while the second can be used to daisy-chain up to five additional devices, including additional card readers, two 4K displays at 60 Hz, or one 5K display at 60 Hz. The second Thunderbolt 3 port also provides up to 15W of power for bus-powered Thunderbolt 3 peripherals and supports 10 Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 devices.
Please note that Sony has not yet updated XQD driver credentials to enable easy installation in macOS Catalina (10.15). To install the XQD driver in Catalina, you must first disable System Integrity Protection (SIP), install the driver, and then re-enable SIP. See Sonnet's XQD driver page for complete details.
Dual Card Slots, Less Waiting
The SF3 Series CFexpress/XQD Pro Card Reader is fast and able to ingest files from CFexpress and XQD cards at their maximum speeds. Better still, it can ingest files simultaneously from two CFexpress cards to cut your ingest times in half. When working with one CFexpress card, speeds reach 2750 MB/s. Dual CFexpress cards reach speeds up to 2600 MB/s, and dual XQD cards max out around 800 MB/s.
Ready for Racking
Sonnet's SF3 Series pro card readers include threaded mount points that enable you to securely attach two readers side-by-side on a rack tray in just 1U of rack space.
For Digital Imaging Technicians (DITs)
Measuring 5.75 x 1 x 3.5", the SF3 Series CFexpress/XQD Pro Card Reader is suitable for use in almost any workspace and workflow; for DITs working multi-camera shoots or in a small space, the Sonnet reader's design advantages stand out.
Built with rugged aluminum enclosures, SF3 Series card readers are designed to be stacked and daisy chained, enabling multiple CFexpress/XQD, REDMINI-MAG, SxS, and CFast 2.0 readers to occupy the same footprint, while connecting to your computer through a single cable. Now you can take advantage of Thunderbolt 3's 2750 MB/s bandwidth to ingest four, six, or more cards simultaneously.
Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C External Interface
Featuring a dual-port 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 interface, this professional reader ingests footage from CFexpress 2.0 Type B or XQD memory cards to your Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports - on location, in the studio, or in the edit suite - at fast speeds.
Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports
The SF3 Series CFexpress/XQD Pro Card Reader features two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The first one is used for connecting to your computer, while the second supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer.
Supports Two 4K or One 5K Display
The Sonnet reader also provides full support for connecting up to two 4K displays at 60 Hz or one 5K display at 60 Hz.
10 Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 Support
The reader includes 10 Gb/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device sto the second port using the proper cable or adapter.
Provides 15W of Power
For connected devices requiring extra power, 15W is provided to bus-powered Thunderbolt 3 peripherals from the second Thunderbolt 3 port, such as the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 ProCard Reader.
Thunderbolt 3 Cable and ThunderLok 3
Sonnet includes a 1.6' 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 cable that, unlike some other cables, transfers data at Thunderbolt 3's full 2750 MB/s bandwidth and supports up to 100W of Power Delivery (PD). In addition, Sonnet provides a ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip that helps prevent accidental cable disconnections. Just slide it over one end of the cable, and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew. Because of its unique design, ThunderLok remains on the cable, so it won't get lost when not in use.
Backward Compatible with Older Macs
No Thunderbolt 3? No problem. The SF3 Series CFexpress/XQD Pro Card Reader is also compatible with Macs with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt ports when used with the bi-directional Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt cable (both sold separately).
Sonnet SF3 Series CFexpress Specification
|Media Card Reader||2 x CFexpress Type B / XQD|
|System Connection||USB Type-C Male [Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s)]|
|I/O Passthrough||1 x USB Type-C Female|
|Power Source||Thunderbolt Bus Power|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.75 x 1 x 3.5" / 14.61 x 2.54 x 8.89 cm|
|Weight||1.35 lb / 0.61 kg|
- Sonnet SF3 Series CFexpress/XQD Pro Card Reader
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable (1.6' / 0.5m)
- ThunderLok 3 Retainer Clip
- Power Adapter
- Power Cable
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty