【Sonnet Technologies】SF3 Series - CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader
- 2 x CFast 2.0 Card Slots
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable (User Replaceable)
- Dual Slot Transfers up to 1000 MB/s
- Single Slot Transfers up to 550 MB/s
- Bus Powered
- Also Supports CFast 1.0
- Thunderbolt 4 Compatible
- Windows & Mac Compatible
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Built using extruded aluminum for greater durability, the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader from Sonnet features dual CFast 2.0 slots and 40 Gb/s of Thunderbolt 3 bandwidth to quickly ingest footage from CFast 2.0 and CFast 1.0 memory cards. Thanks to this bandwidth, both card slots can be used simultaneously at speeds up to 1000 MB/s. When only one card slot is being used, data is transferred at speeds up to 550 MB/s. This card reader connects to your compatible Windows or Mac system using a user-replaceable Thunderbolt 3 cable, and is powered using the Thunderbolt bus, which means that no external power supplies are required. Should the Thunderbolt 3 cable break, it can be replaced by removing the reader's back cover plates, unplugging the cable, and then plugging in a replacement.
Please note that this card reader requires Thunderbolt 3 and will work with Windows 10 or later and macOS 10.12.6 or later, including Big Sur and M1 Macs. It is also forward compatible with Thunderbolt 4.
Supports CFast 2.0 Cards at Maximum Speeds
With the increasing popularity of professional digital cinema cameras from RED, Canon, ARRI, and Blackmagic Design, the use of CFast 2.0 memory cards has soared, and the need for a truly high-speed card reader is undeniable. With current CFast 2.0 cards rated read speeds near 550 MB/s, it's clear that USB readers don't fill that need, but Sonnet's SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader does. Featuring a 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt interface, this RED APPROVED device quickly ingests footage from CFast memory cards to your Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports at the fastest speeds the cards will support.
Dual CFast Slots - Ingest from Two Cards at the Same Time
Sonnet's SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader employs its dual card slots to take advantage of the tremendous bandwidth offered by Thunderbolt technology. This CFast 2.0 readere is capable of ingesting media files simultaneously from two cards at concurrent data transfer speeds up to 1000+ MB/s, which is more than double the average ingest speed of USB 3.0 card readers. Using the Sonnet reader makes for a significantly more convenient and efficient workflow.
Bus Powered - No Power Adapters Required
The SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader connects directly to your Mac or Windows computer's Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 port or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain. Requiring only a single cable to connect to your computer, this Sonnet reader is bus powered, meaning that no separate power supply required).
Ready to Rack and Portable - Designed for DIT Workflows
Sonnet's SF3 Series pro card readers include threaded mount points that enable you to securely attach two readers side-by-side on a rack tray in just 1 RU of rack space.
On the Road Travel Companion - Portable, Rugged, and Stackable
Measuring a compact 5.8" x 1.0" x 3.5", the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader is suitable for use in any workspace, even where space is tight. The reader's shell is made from extruded aluminum, making it lightweight, and yet rugged enough to be transported in an equipment bag without fear of damaging the case.
Sonnet SF3 Series Pro Card Readers - Designed to be Stacked and Daisy Chained
SF3 Series pro card readers feature rugged aluminum enclosures designed to be stacked and daisy chained, enabling multiple CFast 2.0, CFexpress/XQD, RED MINI-MAG, SxS Pro, and SxS PRO X readers to occupy the same footprint, while connecting to your computer through a single cable. You can take advantage of Thunderbolt's PCIe 3.0 x4 bandwidth of up to 2750 MB/s of to ingest four, six, or more cards simultaneously.
40 Gb/s Thunderbolt Interface
Featuring a 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt interface, this reader ingests footage from all CFast memory cards to Mac and Windows computers with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports, whether on location, in the studio, or in the edit suite.
Cable Built-In - Never Lose It, Easily Replaceable.
Through the use of a captive cable, the SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader's 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt cable remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorized service center.
Forward Compatible with Thunderbolt 4 Computers
SF3 Series professional media readers are fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 computers. Sonnet's media readers are purposely designed with a Thunderbolt 3 controller and its four lanes of PCIe, which are not available in a Thunderbolt 4 peripheral, to achieve maximum simultaneous ingest speeds.
Sonnet SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Specification
|Media Card Reader||2 x CFast (CFast 2.0 / SATA III [6 Gb/s])|
|System Connection||USB Type-C Male [Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gb/s)]|
|Power Source||Thunderbolt Bus Power|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.8 x 1 x 3.5" / 14.73 x 2.54 x 8.89 cm|
|Weight||0.35 lb / 0.16 kg|
- Sonnet SF3 Series CFast 2.0 Pro Card Reader
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty