【Sonnet Technologies】M.2 8x4 PCIe 4.0 PCIe Card
- Supports Eight NVMe PCIe M.2 SSDs
- PCIe 4.0 x16 Interface | 48 Lanes
- Supports up to 64TB
- Supports Read Speeds up to 30,000 MB/s
- Supports Write Speeds up to 18,000 MB/s
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, and Non-RAID
- Full-Height, Full-Length PCIe Card
- macOS Boot Support
- Compatible with Thunderbolt Enclosures
- Windows, Mac, and Linux Compatible
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Add up to eight NVMe PCIe M.2 SSDs to your desktop computer or Thunderbolt expansion system with the M.2 8x4 Silent PCIe 4.0 x16 Card from Sonnet, which fits into a full-height, full-length PCIe 4.0/3.0 x16 slot on your host Windows, Mac, or Linux system. This card drives read speeds of up to 30,000 MB/s and write speeds of up to 18,000 MB/s in RAID 0. If you don't need the performance boost of RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10 are available, as are non-RAID configurations.
Add up to 64TB of SSD Storage In One Card Slot
Speed or capacity? Not too long ago, you had to make a choice between the two. The problem is, for many professional workflows, both are critical. Everyone knows M.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs offer great performance, but limited capacity. Hard drives offer great capacity, but very slow speeds by comparison. What if you could create increased SSD capacity? Sonnet makes it possible, as this card enables you to mount up to eight NVMe SSDs into a single PCIe x16 card slot and combine their capabilities for ultra-performance. This card can transform your workflow.
Eight NVMe M.2 Slots
Add up to 64TB of storage with your own high performance M.2 NVMe SSDs.
Get amazing performance from Gen 4 SSDs.
For Professional Workflows
Install in a computer or Thunderbolt expansion system PCIe x16 slot.
Mac Pro Computers
Up to 64TB of fast SSD storage, with up to 30,000 MB/s with the 2023 M2 chip and up to 14,000 MB/s with a 2019 Intel chip.
Windows or Linux Computer
Create an incredibly fast media storage or scratch drive.
Thunderbolt Expansion Systems
Connect eight SSDs to your computer via a single cable with a maximum performance of 2800 MB/s.
PCIe 4.0 Slot RAID 0 Performance
Install this card with your SSDs into your computer's PCIe 4.0 x16 slot to achieve superior storage performance with four SSDs configured as RAID 0. Get read speeds of up to 30,000 MB/s and write speeds of up to 18,000 MB/s.
PCIe 3.0 Slot RAID 0 Performance
Install this card with your SSDs into your computer's PCIe 3.0 x16 slot to achieve outstanding storage performance with four SSDs configured as RAID 0. Get read speeds of up to 14,000 MB/s and write speeds of up to 12,000 MB/s.
Sonnet Max-Performance Design
The Sonnet M.2 8x4 Silent PCIe 4.0 Card is a full-height, full-length card with a 48-lane PCIe 4.0 switch and x16 interface, designed to support maximum performance. Sonnet M.2 8x4 card features include:
48-Lane PCIe 4.0 Switch
x16 slot bandwidth is available to all x4-connected SSDs, facilitating maximum speed with any combination of M.2 SSDs used
Doesn't require a specific motherboard to operate or specific SSDs to support RAID features, no PCIe bifurcation required
Universal Compatibility with Mac, Windows, and Linux
Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux computers with an x16 PCIe slot
Broad M.2 NVMe SSD Support
Works with a wide variety of M.2 NVMe Gen4 and Gen3 SSDs
Supports RAID 0, 1, and 10 with macOS, Windows, and Linux.
macOS Boot Support
Supports from single (non-RAIDed) attached SSDs.
No Thermal Throttling
Custom silent cooling solution enables installed SSDs to maintain consistent high performance during very large file transfer operations without the use of fans.
No drivers required.
Supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) data reporting.
Pro SSD Storage Performance for Adobe After Effects
Are you an Adobe After Effects user? Imagine being able to perform 4K/60p work in 32-bit linear, or even 4K/24p with high channel count EXRs (or effects in 8K) where your computer's onboard storage couldn't keep up. This card makes that possible.
Not Quiet... Silent
Sonnet designed the M.2 8x4 Silent PCIe 4.0 Card with an effective passive cooling solution. Instead of relying on fans that can get loud, Sonnet's silent cooling effectively presents thermal throttling, enabling SSDS to maintain sustained peak performance without a peep.
Thunderbolt Port? Connect Eight SSDs Through One Cable
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe card slot? This card is ideal for use in Sonnet's Echo I Desktop PCIe Expansion System. The combo effectively enables you to add up to eight SSDs to any Mac (M series or Intel), Windows, or Linux computer with Thunderbolt ports.
Simple and S.M.A.R.T.
Integrating this card into your system is easy. NVMe compliance ensures the necessary drivers are installed automatically. The M.2 8x4 uses your computer's operating system's built-in drive formatting utilities to format the SSDs. SSD health monitoring is supported through S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) data reporting, too.
- Mac Pro 8,1 (2023)
- Mac Pro 7,1 (2019) - Use PCIe x16 slot (slot 3, 4, or 5) for best performance
- Mac Pro 5,1 - Use PCIe x16 slot (slot 2) for best performance
- macOS 10.13.6 or later
- macOS Ventura compatible
- Windows computer with available full-length, full-height x16 PCIe slot (PCIe 4.0 slot preferred; PCIe bifurcation not required)
- Windows 11 and 10
- Windows Server 2022, 2019
- Linux computer with available full-length, full-height x16 PCIe slot (PCIe 4.0 slot preferred; PCIe bifurcation not required)
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
- With card installed in a Thunderbolt expansion system with full-length x16 PCIe slot
- Any Mac, Windows, or Linux computer with Thunderbolt
When seven or eight SSDs are installed on this card, connecting the included 6-pin PCIe auxiliary power cable between the computer's and the card's power connectors is required (optional when up to six SSDs installed).
M.2 NVMe SSDs Compatibility
- Western Digital PCIe Gen4 SSDs are NOT compatible
- For a list of compatible M.2 NVMe SSDs, see Sonnet's site
Sonnet FUS-SSD-8X4-E4S Specification
|System Connection||PCI Express 4.0 x16|
|Internal I/O||8 x PCIe|
|M.2||8 x 2280|
|RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10|
|OS Compatibility||macOS 10.13.6 or Later
Windows 10 to 11
Linux 5 or Later
*As of July, 2023: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
- Sonnet M.2 8x4 Silent PCIe 4.0 x16 Card
- Thermal Transfer Pads
- 6-Pin to 6-Pin Auxiliary Power Cable for Mac Pro
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty (with Free Litetime Technical Support)