Free shipping on all local order above $500
Install Two 2.5-inch SATA SSDs into a PCIe Card Slot
If you need faster, high-capacity internal storage for your desktop computer or server, 2.5-inch SATA SSDs are the cost-effective choice. Sonnet’s Fusion™ Dual 2.5-inch SSD RAID PCIe card enables you to upgrade your system in a flash, mounting one or two SSDs (sold separately) with up to 16TB capacity in a single full-length PCIe card slot, with no power or data cables, adapters, or mounting trays required.
Great 2-Drive Hardware RAID 0 Performance
Install the Sonnet Fusion card into a PCIe 3.0 slot of a computer or Thunderbolt 3 expansion system and achieve great transfer speeds up to 1000 MB/s!
Still use a Mac Pro® 5,1 tower? Enjoy performance up to 800 MB/s now, and migrate the Sonnet card to the new Mac Pro (2019) to enjoy even better performance.
Increases performance by interleaving data into blocks (stripes) across two or more drives simultaneously to increase speed.
Fast RAID 1 Performance
Looking for the safety of a simultaneous backup? RAID 1 performance of up to 560 MB/s may be obtained with any compatible computer or expansion system.
If primary drive crashes, the mirrored drive will automatically replace the primary drive.
Hardware RAID Controller Onboard
A high performance RAID controller manages the SSDs you install, supporting Fast (RAID 0), Safe (RAID 1), Volume (Span) and, particularly important to pro audio users, JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) configurations, so you can choose the mode that best suits your needs:
Choose RAID 0 for the best performance.
Choose RAID 1 for a mirrored backup of your data.
Choose Span to create a single large volume bridging both drives.
Choose JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) to work with twice as many audio tracks.
Regardless the mode you select, changing the configuration is easy – with no software to install or jumper blocks to move around, a turn of a switch and the press of a button is all it takes.
Fast USB Speed and Plenty of Power for Bus-powered Devices
Sonnet’s Fusion Dual 2.5-inch SSD RAID card also includes a SuperSpeed USB-C (USB 3.2 Gen 2) port that supports data transfers of up to 1000 MB/s, and provides up to 15W of power to support bus-powered devices—you can connect a fast external drive without installing another card.
Thunderbolt Port? Connect Two SSDs Through One Cable
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe card slot? Fusion Dual 2.5-inch SSD RAID card provides full performance and is ideal for use in a Sonnet Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2 to PCIe card expansion systems. The combo enables you to add two SSDs plus a USB-C port to any Mac or Linux computer with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 ports, or Windows PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Mac Pro 5,1 (Mid 2010 & Mid 2012) with available full-length PCIe slot
- Mac Pro 7,1 (2019) [currently not Big Sur compatible]
- macOS 10.12.6+
- macOS Big Sur as follows:
1. Compatible when installed in a Thunderbolt to PCIe Card Expansion System
2. Not currently compatible with Mac Pro 7,1 (2019)
- Computer with available full-length, full-height PCIe slot (PCIe 3.0 slot is preferred)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019, 2016 (64-bit editions)
- Computer with PCIe slots
- Linux Kernel 5.4.0+
- Ubuntu 20.04.1+
- Mac (Intel® or M1) computer with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 ports via a Thunderbolt 2 or 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System with available full-length PCIe slot
- Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports via a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System with available full-length PCIe slot
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 ports via a Thunderbolt 2 or 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System with available full-length PCIe slot
Full-height, full-length PCIe card
PCI Express 3.0 x2
Two SATA for 2.5-inch SSDs
One USB-C port (10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2)
SATA 6 Gb/s
Supported Drive Configurations
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
S.M.A.R.T. Status Data Reporting Support
- Industry standard USB 3.2 Gen 1, 2 & 2x2; USB 3.1 Gen 1 & 2; USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1
- Thunderbolt 3-only peripherals are NOT supported
Bus-powered Peripherals Supported
- HD, SSD, SSD RAID
- 3.0A advertised using USB CC (Channel Configuration)
- Up to 15W for operation or charging
- USB-C 10Gbps
- USB-C 5Gbps
- Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps (0.5- and 0.7-meter only)
- Thunderbolt 3 20Gbps
- ASMedia 3142
- ASMedia 1352R
Complies with OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface), EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface), and xHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) standards
USB attached SCSI protocol supported under macOS 10.12+, Windows 10
Number of Devices Supported
Up to 31
Supports hot-pluggable and hot swappable device connection
No computers support booting at this time
- Fusion Dual 2.5-inch SSD RAID card
- Drive mounting screws