Free shipping on all local order above $500
Graphics Performance Booster
Do you have a thin/light notebook like a MacBook Air®, or a small form factor desktop like a Mac mini® with an integrated graphics processor that’s not powerful enough to support gaming or multiple displays? There’s a solution! What if you could instantly boost your computer’s graphics performance anytime and anywhere you need it? Here’s an idea—Pack a Puck!
External GPU to Go!
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway™ Puck Radeon™ RX 560 is an extremely portable, high-performance, all-in-one external GPU for Thunderbolt 3 computers. Perfect for use with 13-inch MacBook Air or MacBook Pro®, 21.5-inch iMac®, Mac mini, and other computers with Thunderbolt 3 ports, the Puck accelerates popular graphics-intensive games’ performance up to 6x faster on either your computer’s own or externally connected display.
Multi-Display Graphics Dock
Notebook computers don’t offer all the same capabilities as a desktop computer, such as connecting multiple displays. Fortunately, you don’t have to choose between the ultimate in portability and multi-display support. Leveraging AMD multi-display technology, the eGFX Breakaway Puck supports up to four 4K displays at the same time, configured for the perfect gaming, productivity, and entertainment setups! With the Puck connected, there’s no need to compromise between the super-light notebook you want and the number of displays you need on your desktop.
Measuring a compact 6 inches wide by 5.1 inches deep by 2 inches tall, the eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon RX 560 has a minimal footprint on the desktop, and is the right size to compliment your thin/light notebook.
Highly Portable. Powers Your Notebook.
The eGFX Breakaway Puck conveniently packs with your notebook in a backpack or computer bag when you need GPU acceleration while traveling on the road. Connected to your computer with the included Thunderbolt 3 cable, the Puck 560 provides 60W of Power Delivery, which means it will power and charge your computer while connected, even when not in use, allowing you to leave your computer’s power brick behind. Wherever you take it, the Puck injects extra GPU power into your gaming.
Zero Desktop Footprint
(with optional VESA mounting bracket)
Using the optional PuckCuff VESA Mounting Bracket Kit, you can free up desk space and mount the Puck to the back of a monitor with open VESA mounting holes (VESA 75 and VESA 100 hole patterns supported). The bracket is secured with included fasteners and specialized cable ties, and provides simple cable management. To further reduce cable clutter, a 0.5-meter DisplayPort cable is included to connect between the Puck and your display. The Kit also includes parts that enable the bracket to be attached to virtually any multi-monitor stand’s upright or monitor arm.
40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Performance
With up to 2750 MB/s available bandwidth, it’s the fastest port available on a computer today, and its support for externally connected graphics cards is game changing. The Puck exploits the Thunderbolt 3 interface to deliver a powerful graphics processing boost to your notebook with integrated graphics onboard—and power and charge it—all through a single cable.
eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon RX 560 Acceleration
The eGFX Breakaway Puck delivers powerful GPU acceleration, packing big performance into a conveniently small package. It supports connection to and disconnection from your computer without having to power cycle it, and enables you to enjoy smooth gameplay at 60+ FPS with many of the most popular games.
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
1. Accelerate games and applications run on the internal display (or Thunderbolt Display) by selecting the App, selecting “Get Info”, and checking “Prefer External GPU”
2. Windows 10 support under Parallels Desktop for Mac
3. Attach two eGFX Breakaway Pucks to support up to eight external 4k monitors @60Hz
- macOS® 10.14.6+
- macOS Big Sur compatible
- External GPUs are not yet supported on Apple® M1 Macs
- External GPUs not supported on Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt Macs
- External GPUs not supported on Windows 10 under Boot Camp
- eGFX-enabled Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or greater)
- 32-bit Windows and Windows 7 not supported
- 1080P monitors using DP or HDMI ports
- 4K and 5K monitors using DP or HDMI ports
- 4K, 5K, and 6K Thunderbolt 3 only monitors (without DP or HDMI inputs) are NOT compatible:
1. LG UltraFine 4K and 5K displays
2. Apple Pro Display XDR 6K
- 49” 5120x1440 Dual QHD monitors using a DP port:
1. Dell Ultrasharp 49 Curved Monitor U4919DW
2. LG 49 inch 32:9 UltraWide Dual QHD IPS Curved LED Monitor 49WL95C-W
3. Philips Brilliance 32:9 Superwide Curved LCD Display 499P9H/27
4. Samsung 49” CRG9 Dual QHD Curved QLED Gaming Monitor LC49RG90SSNXZA
Portable external GPU system
- Three DisplayPort 1.4, 4K@60Hz
- One HDMI 2.0b, 4K@60Hz
- One Thunderbolt 3
- One 4-pin power DIN
- Three DisplayPort
- One HDMI
- AMD Eyefinity™ Technology
- AMD FreeSync™ Technology
- AMD Eyefinity™ Technology
- HDCP 2.2
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- DirectX® 12
- Intelligent Fan Control
- OpenCL 2.0
- OpenGL 4.5
Provides laptop charging up to 60W
Universal 180W, 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
0˚C to 35˚C (32˚F to 95˚F)
6 x 5.1 x 2 in. (15.2 x 13 x 5.1 cm)
- eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon RX 560
- Power adapter
- Power cord
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable