【Sonnet Technologies】Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt to 1-Slot Low-Profile PCIe Card Expansion System
For Computers with Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 4 Ports
40Gbps Thunderbolt Interface
Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports
Quiet, Temperature-Controlled Fan
Rugged Aluminum Enclosure
Most Compact Thunderbolt to PCIe Expansion System Available
Includes 0.7-meter Thunderbolt 3 Cable (unlike other brand of cables, Sonnet's cable provides Thunderbolt 3's full 2750 MB/s bandwidth and supports up to 100W of power delivery)
Includes Sonnet Designed ThunderLok 3 Connector Retainer Clip (prevents accidental cable disconnections)
Mac, Windows, and Linux Compatible
Designed and Made in the USA
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Connect a Low-Profile PCIe Card to Computers with Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 4 Ports
The latest ultra-light notebooks, small form factor, and all-in-one Mac®, Windows®, and Linux® computers with Thunderbolt™ 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports are amazingly thin, but there’s nowhere to install PCIe cards. What if you want to add video capture, processing, or connecting capabilities to your computer? Sonnet has the answer — the Echo™ Express SEL is a compact, desktop Thunderbolt™ to PCIe card expansion system that enables you to connect a low-profile PCIe card to your computer via a single Thunderbolt cable.
The Thunderbolt Connection
Plugged into one of your computer’s Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports, this little expansion system supports many low-profile PCIe cards (Thunderbolt-compatible 16Gb and 8Gb Fibre Channel, 25Gb and 10Gb Ethernet, video capture and processing, SAS and SATA host bus adapters, and RAID controllers) through its x8 PCIe 3.0 slot.
Nearly Every Thunderbolt-compatible, Low-profile PCIe Card Supported
The Echo Express SEL accommodates a wide variety of PCIe cards. Do you have a card in mind but aren’t sure it’s compatible? We’ve put together a compatibility list that identifies cards conforming to Thunderbolt technology requirements, and organized by fit and power compatibility with specific expansion systems. See PCIe Cards Compatibility PDF for details.
Smart Design, Inside and OutAluminum Enclosure. Auto Power On/Off.
With a shell crafted of rugged and lightweight aluminum, Echo Express SEL securely houses the installed PCIe card. Inside, the card is protected through the use of a variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan which ensures the card and chassis’ components remain reliably cool. The fan automatically speeds up as necessary to cool the card when it’s hot, and slows down when it’s cool. Since Echo Express products automatically power on and off with your computer, there is no power switch on the chassis, ensuring you don’t waste energy by forgetting to turn it off.
Designed for Low-profile PCIe Cards
Echo Express SEL supports one half-length (up to 6.6 inches long), low-profile, single-width PCIe card; PCIe 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 PCIe 4.0 cards are supported. Many of the most popular Thunderbolt-compatible high-speed networking and storage controller cards are a perfect fit, and even the BlueFish 444 Epoch 4K Neutron video card can be accommodated.
Echo Express SEL is designed to be ultra-quiet so that it can be comfortably used in noise-sensitive environments. The airflow path within the chassis has been specially designed to enable the fan to quietly and efficiently cool the installed card at all times, even during peak operation.
The Secure Connection for High Performance. 40Gbps Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok 3 Included
Sonnet includes a Thunderbolt cable that supports Thunderbolt’s full 40Gbps bandwidth, and is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 and Thunderbolt 3 computers. Sonnet also provides a ThunderLok™ 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip that prevents accidental cable disconnections — just slide it over one end of the cable, and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew. Because of its unique design, ThunderLok remains on the cable so it won’t get lost when not in use.
40Gbps ThunderboltFastest External Interface Available
The Echo Express SEL features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt interface that delivers up to 2800 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, enabling it to support 4K video capture and processing cards at high frame rates, and 16Gb FC cards and dual-port 10GbE cards at full performance.
- Dual 40Gbps Thunderbolt Ports - One port is reserved for the connection to your Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 computer; the second port enables expansion of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices in a daisy chain.
- 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 Support - 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 support allows you to connect a USB device to the second Thunderbolt port using the proper cable or adapter.
- Provides 15W of Power - For peripherals requiring the need for extra power, 15 watts is provided to bus-powered devices.
- Supports Connecting One 5K 60Hz Display - Maximize the utilization of one computer Thunderbolt port.
Compatible with Thunderbolt 4 Computers and Apple M1/M2 Series Macs
Echo Express SEL is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 4 computers, including Apple M1/M2 series Macs. Sonnet Thunderbolt expansion systems are purposely designed with a Thunderbolt 3 controller and its four lanes of PCIe (not available in a Thunderbolt 4 peripheral) to achieve maximum simultaneous ingest speeds.
Backward Compatible with Older Macs
No Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3? No problem — the Echo Express SEL is also compatible with Macs with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt ports when used with the bi-directional Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt cable (both sold separately).
Sonnet Technologies Echo Express SEL Specifications
Mac (M1/M2 series) with PCIe cards that have compatible drivers
Mac (Intel®) with Thunderbolt 3 ports
Mac (Intel) with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1 port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter plus a Thunderbolt 2 cable (both sold separately)
macOS Ventura compatible
Windows computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
Windows 11 and 10
|Linux Compatibility||Linux computer with Thunderbolt 4 or Thunderbolt 3 ports
Linux Kernel 5.0+
|PCIe Card Compatibility||For a list of compatible PCIe cards, see the following PDF|
Thunderbolt desktop enclosure
|External Connectors||Two Thunderbolt ports
12V power port
|Expansion Slot||One x8 PCIe 3.0 slot
x8 mechanical; x4 electrical (Thunderbolt 3 spec)
|PCIe Cards Supported||One low-profile PCIe card|
|Power Adapter||Universal 60W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
|Operating Temperatures||0˚C to 35˚C (32˚F to 95˚F)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||4 x 8.25 x 2.8 in. (10.3 x 21 x 7.28 cm)|
|Weight||1.85 lbs (.84 kg)|
|Compliance||RoHS 3 (Directive 2015/863)
IEC62368-1 and IEC62368-2 Safety
- Echo Express SEL Desktop System
- Universal power adapter
- Region-specific power cable for US, Australia, Europe, Japan, Switzerland