【Sonnet Technologies】Echo Express SE IIIe Thunderbolt to 3-Slot PCIe Card Expansion System
- Use PCIe Cards via Thunderbolt 3
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x8/x8 | 1 x PCIe 3.0 x8/x4
- 2 x 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- Daisy-Chain up to 5 Thunderbolt Devices
- Supports Two 4K Displays
- Supports One 5K Display
- 1 x 80mm Cooling Fan
- External 120W Power Supply
- Includes Thunderbolt 3 Cable
- Includes ThunderLok 3L Retainer Clip
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Connect three half-length, full-height PCIe cards to systems with a Thunderbolt 3 port using the Echo Express SE IIIe Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis from Sonnet. The Echo Express SE IIIe is useful for expanding the connectivity of systems like the MacBook Pro, which does not have the PCIe slots needed for pros working in creative fields. Instead, the Echo Express SE IIIe connects to Thunderbolt 3 hosts to leverage this connectivity via PCIe expansion slots that are outside of the computer. This chassis has two PCIe 3.0 x8/x8 slots and one PCIe 3.0 x8/x4 slot. These three slots can support one half-length+ (up to 7.75" long), double-width, full-height PCIe x8 card, plus one single-width card, or three half-length+, full-height PCIe x8 cards for video capture, audio DSP, 6Gb or 12Gb SAS or SATA host bus adapters, 10Gb, 25Gb, or 40Gb Ethernet cards, RAID controllers, and more.
The Echo Express SE IIIe features two 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports, one of which is used to connect to your host Windows, Mac, or Linux system and provides up to 100W of power. The second Thunderbolt 3 port, which provides up to 15W of power, can be used to daisy-chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices, plus one 5K display at 60 Hz, two 4K displays at 60 Hz, or one USB 3.0 device. For power hungry cards, there is an additional internal 6-pin PCIe power connector.
Cool operations are driven by an internal 80 x 80 x 25mm cooling fan. Included with this chassis is a Thunderbolt 3 cable, a ThunderLok 3 retainer clip, a 120W universal power adapter, and a power cord. Protection is provided by a limited 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Please note that the Echo Express SE IIIe does not support GPUs. Also, two 4K displays requires a monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out) or a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter.
Nearly Every Thunderbolt-Compatible, Non-GPU PCIe Card Supported
Smaller than the 3-slot Echo Express III-D (Thunderbolt 3 Edition), the Echo Express SE IIIe is still large enough to support nearly every Thunderbolt 3 compatible card available. With its three x8 slots, the SE IIIe supports PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.0, and PCIe 1.1 cards up to 7.75" long. Do you have a card in mind but aren't sure it's compatible? Sonnet put together a list in their supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart (PDF). There you'll find cards identified as conforming to Thunderbolt technology requirements, and organized by fit and power compatibility with specific expansion system.
Design Smarts - Aluminum Enclosure, Auto Power On/Off
The inside of the Echo Express SE IIIe is wrapped in a rugged, yet lightweight aluminum outer shell, resulting in a lightweight system small enough to carry in your backpack, yet durable enough to protect the installed PCIe cards securely. Since Echo Express products automatically power on and off with your computer, there is no power switch on the chassis, ensuring you don't waste energy by forgetting to turn it off.
Three PCIe 3.0 Slots for Demanding Professional Needs
The Echo Express SE IIIe's PCIe 3.0 x8 slots support three half-length+, full-height, single-width PCIe cards, or one single-width card plus one double-width card.
Some specialty cards, such as RME's HDSPe MADI FX, Blackmagic Design's DeckLink 4K Extreme, and the Lynx AES16e 50, include a daughter card that mates with and provides additional external connections to the main card.
Power to Spare
The Echo Express SE IIIe includes an auxiliary PCIe power connector, enabling you to install a card requiring extra power, such as the AJA Kona 5 or Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, and Bluefish444's Epoch and KRONOS SDI cards.
The Echo Express SE IIIe is designed to be quiet so that it can be comfortably used in noise-sensitive environments. Its enclosure is ventilated front and back to facilitate airflow over the cards by a large, quiet, temperature-controlled fan to efficiently cool the system. The fan automatically speeds up and slows down smoothly as needed, so there's no guesswork in deciding which fan speed to select.
Thunderbolt 3 Cable and ThunderLok 3 Included
Sonnet includes a 2.3' 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 cable that, unlike some other cables, transfers data at Thunderbolt 3's full 2750 MB/s bandwidth and supports up to 100W of Power Delivery (PD). Sonnet also provides a ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip that prevents accidental cable disconnections. Just slide it over one end of the cable and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew. Because of its unique design, the ThunderLok remains on the cable so it won't get lost when not in use.
Fast External Interface
The Echo Express SE IIIe features a 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 interface, which offers double the PCIe bandwidth and connectivity of Thunderbolt 2, and yields up to 2750 MB/s of bandwidth, enabling it to support 4K video capture and processing cards at high frame rates, and 16Gb FC cards and dual-port 10GbE cards at full performance.
Thunderbolt 3 / USB Type-C
The Echo Express SE IIIe includes two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The first connects it to your computer, while the second supports the daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The SE III also includes 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. For connected peripherals requiring extra power, 15W is provided to connected bus-powered devices. With the ability to handle multiple demanding, high-performance PCIe cards, support for connecting two 4K displays at 60 Hz or one 5K display at 60 Hz, and support for a vast array of Thunderbolt and USB devices, Thunderbolt 3 is a leap forward.
With 2750 MB/s of bandwidth, connect your computer to one Thunderbolt 3 port on the Echo Express SE IIIe, then use the second Thunderbolt 3 port to daisy chain up to five additional Thunderbolt devices, plus two 4K display, one 5K display, or one USB 3.0 device.
- Mac system with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac system with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 cable
- macOS 10.12.6 or later
- macOS Catalina compatible
- Windows system with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit edition, version 1809 or greater)
Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Linux system with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0 or later
Sonnet Express SE IIIe Specification
|2 x PCIe 3.0 x8 (x8 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x8 (x4 mode)
|Supported PCI Card Sizes
|Full-Height, Half-Length, Single-Width, Double-Width
|2 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3)
*As of November, 2019: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Power Source Type
|1 x 120 W External Adapter
|1 x 6-Pin
|AC Input Power
|100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
|Port Power Delivery
|100 W Max
|1 x 80 mm PWM
|32 to 95°F / 0 to 35°C
*as per Manufacturer
|Host Cable Length
|2.3' / 0.7 m
|6.5 x 4.6 x 11" / 16.51 x 11.68 x 27.94 cm
|2.6 lb / 1.18 kg
- Sonnet Echo Express SE IIIe Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis for PCIe Cards
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable (2.3' / 0.7m)
- ThunderLok 3 Connector Retainer Clip
- 120W Universal Power Adapter
- Power Cord
- Free Lifetime Customer Technical Support
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty