【Sonnet Technologies】Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt to 1-Slot PCIe Card Expansion System
- Thunderbolt 3 Interface
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) Ports
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot
- Supports Full-Height, Half-Length Cards
- Temperature-Controlled Fan
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
The Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System from Sonnet provides a PCIe 3.0 x8 slot for Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebooks, SFF desktop systems, and other computers without a PCIe slot. The Echo Express SE I supports full-height PCIe cards, featuring a length up to 7.75". For supporting a wide variety of PCI cards, it sports one expansion slot that can accommodate double-width PCI cards or single-width PCI cards coming with a daughter card. It is suitable for connecting one professional video capture, audio interface, SAS or SATA HBA, 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gb Ethernet, or RAID controller PCIe card, which operates over the Thunderbolt connection. There's also an integrated variable-speed fan for cooling your PCI card and the SE I's internal components.
The Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System comes with two Thunderbolt 3 ports, letting you daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt devices to your computer. Each of the two Thunderbolt 3 ports transmits data at a rate of up to 40 Gbps and offers a USB Type-C design, so you can connect the included 1.6' Thunderbolt 3 cable on the first try. Moreover, a ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip is supplied to help ensure the cable stays connected to the chassis.
Note: The Echo Express SE I is not compatible with the DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G card due to daughter card mounting requirements.
PCIe 3.0 Slot and Space for a Daughter Card
The Echo Express SE I's PCIe 3.0 slot supports a half-length (up to 7.75" long), full-height, single- or double-width PCIe card. Some specialty cards, such as Blackmagic Design's DeckLink 4K Extreme, and RME's HDSPe MADI FX card, include a daughter card that mates with and provides additional external connections to the main card. The daughter card occupies the adjacent expansion slot space without requiring a PCIe slot.
Thunderbolt 3 Technology
The Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 edition includes two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports; the first connects it to your computer, while the second supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The SE I comes with USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using a proper cable or adapter. The SE I also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60 Hz or one 5K display @ 60 Hz. For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices.
The Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 Edition's lightweight, yet rugged aluminum outer shell securely protects the installed PCIe card. Inside, the card is protected with a variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan, which ensures that the card and SE I's internal components remain reliably cool. The fan automatically speeds up as necessary to cool the optional PCIe card when it's hot, and slows down when it's cool. Since Echo Express products automatically power on and off with your computer, there is no power switch on the chassis, ensuring you don't waste energy by forgetting to turn it off.
Designed to accommodate cards up to 7.75" long, the Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 Edition supports most PCIe 3.0, PCIe 2.0, and PCIe 1.1 cards, which are compatible over a Thunderbolt connection.
The Echo Express SE I is designed to be quiet so that it can be comfortably used in noise-sensitive environments. The airflow path within the chassis has been specially designed to enable the temperature-controlled, variable speed fan to quietly and efficiently cool the PCIe card at all times.
Thunderbolt Cable and ThunderLok Included
To connect the Echo Express SE I - Thunderbolt 3 Edition to your computer, Sonnet includes a 1.6' (0.5m) Thunderbolt 3 (40 Gbps) cable and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure the cable to the Echo chassis. Accidental cable disconnection can lead to data loss. Sonnet's ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use-just slide it over one end of the cable and then plug in the connector and secure it to the chassis by turning a thumbscrew.
Sonnet Express SE I Specification
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCIe 3.0 x8 (x4 mode)|
|Supported PCI Card Sizes||Full-Height, Half-Length, Single-Width|
|Maximum GPU Length||7.75" / 19.68 cm|
|Inputs/Outputs||2 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3)|
|Data Transfer Rates||Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s|
*As of December, 2018: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Power Source Type||60 W External Adapter|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 95°F / 0 to 35°C|
*as per Manufacturer
|Host Cable Length||1.64' / 0.5 m|
|Dimensions||5.6 x 8.6 x 3.5" / 14.2 x 21.8 x 8.9 cm|
|Weight||2.6 lb / 1.18 kg|
- Sonnet Echo Express SE I Thunderbolt 3 to Full-Height/Half-Length PCIe Card Expansion System
- Universal Power Adapter
- Power Cord
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable (1.6' / 0.5m)
- ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt Connector Retainer Clip
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty