【Sonnet Technologies】Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe Card
Compatible with 2019 Mac Pro (macOS 10.12+)
Adds Four USB-C 10Gbps Ports to Your Computer
Features Dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Controllers for Fast Drive-to-Drive Transfers
Supports USB-C Bus-powered Devices with up to 7.5W (3.0A) Power per Port
Provides Independent Power Regulation for Each Port
Resettable Device Overcurrent Fuses Protect the Card and Computer
USB 3.0 Charging Port Handshake Support
Simultaneously Sync and Charge iPads and Other Devices (that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device)
Supports Storage, Hubs, and Other USB-IF Compliant USB Devices
Supports Hot-swappable Device Connection
Compatible with macOS and Windows
Works in Thunderbolt™ Expansion Systems (like Sonnet's Echo™ Express, xMac™ Pro Server, or xMac mini Server)
Designed in the USA
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Powerful USB 3.2 Gen 2 Performance: Add Four USB-C 10Gbps Ports to Computers and Thunderbolt Expansion Systems with PCIe Slots
Equipped with SSDs, the fastest USB drives you can buy today are capable of 800 MB/s data transfers, and many are bus-powered. Most desktop computers (even new models) include generations-old USB interfaces that will throttle that performance and may not offer adequate power to allow bus-powered drives to operate. Install Sonnet’s Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe card into a PCIe slot of your Mac Pro®, Windows®, or Linux® computer, or Thunderbolt Expansion System, and support fast USB drives at maximum performance.
Allegro Pro USB-C 4-Port PCIe: Two Controllers, Four Ports – Up to Twice as Fast as USB 3.0 Cards
Featuring two 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 controllers and four USB-C ports, the Allegro PCIe card supports data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports are capable. With two controllers onboard, the Allegro card speeds data transfers between connected drives, and enables your computer to load and off-load data more quickly.
- Featuring two 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 controllers and four USB-C ports, the Allegro PCIe card supports data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports are capable. With two controllers onboard,
- Four SuperSpeed USB-C 10Gbps Ports—Adds four USB-C 10Gbps ports to your Mac Pro or Windows PC computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion system
- Powerful Performance with Dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Controllers—Support data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1; speed data transfers between connected drives
- Powered Ports—Supports USB-C bus-powered SSD, SSD RAID, and hard drive devices with up to 7.5W power per port
- Protected Power Delivery—Independent power regulation isolates each port to prevent cross-coupled power glitches that may cause accidental disconnects; resettable device overcurrent fuses protect the card and computer, and may be reset by a simple shutdown
- Broad USB Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB devices
- Add USB 3.2 Gen 2 to Thunderbolt Expansion Systems—Add four SuperSpeed USB-C 10Gbps ports to Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion systems
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection—Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Easy Installation—Quick and easy installation into any available PCIe slot
- Allegro card speeds data transfers between connected drives, and enables your computer to load and off-load data more quickly.
Speed and Power
Unlike other 4-port USB cards (simple hubs that split a single USB controller’s bandwidth between all four ports), Sonnet’s Allegro PCIe card supports data transfers from a single USB 3.2 Gen 2 SSD RAID device at up to 800 MB/s— compared to using a USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.0 adapter card, transfers complete in half the time! Exploiting its dual controllers design, it’s possible to simultaneously transfer data to two connected drives at up to 660 MB/s each. With four drives connected, the four ports support simultaneous 300 MB/s transfers!
The Allegro card provides 7.5W of power through each of its ports, supporting USB bus-powered hard drives, and SSDs without the need to connect an additional AC power adapter.
Unlike ordinary USB-C cards, Sonnet's Allegro Pro has the following advantages:
- Delivers 7.5W of power per port to USB-C bus-powered devices
- Doesn't require separate power plug connection; gets the power required to operate connected drives from the slot it’s installed in
- Independent, per-port power regulation protects each port from glitches on adjacent ports, preventing auto-disconnects of already-connected drives
- Features a resettable fuse on each port, protecting both card and computer should a cable or peripheral fail; resetting a tripped fuse is simple—just shut down and restart your computer
No Auxiliary Power Required
Ordinary USB-C cards need a separate power plug connection. Sonnet’s Allegro gets the power required to operate connected drives from the slot it’s installed in. This enables you to install the Sonnet card in any compatible computer or Thunderbolt expansion system regardless of it having extra power connectors available.
Independent, Per-Port Power Regulation
Ordinary USB-C cards can deliver poor power regulation, allowing a connected drive to be forced off (auto-disconnected) when an additional drive is connected or disconnected. The Allegro card protects each port from power glitches on adjacent ports, preventing auto-disconnects of already-connected drives.
Unlike ordinary USB-C cards, the Allegro card features a resettable fuse on each port, protecting both card and computer should a cable or peripheral fail. Resetting a tripped fuse is simple—just shut down and restart your computer.
Add USB 3.2 to Your Thunderbolt Mac
Got a Mac with a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? The Allegro is ideal for use in Sonnet’s Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion systems, including Echo Express™ and xMac™ desktop and rackmount systems.
Perfect for the Extra Slot in Your Multi-Slot Thunderbolt System
Installing an Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe card in a multi-slot Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system is a great way to inexpensively add four SuperSpeed USB-C 10Gbps ports to your computer.
Broad Device Support, Easy Installation
The Allegro PCIe card features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB peripherals. This full-height Sonnet card installs easily into any PCIe x4 (mechanical) or larger slot.
Sonnet Technologies Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe Card Specifications
Mac Pro® 3,1, 4,1, 5,1, or 7,1 (2019)
Computer with PCIe slots
Computer with PCIe slots
|Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion System Compatibility||
Supports USB 3 devices when card is installed in a Thunderbolt to PCIe Card Expansion System
PCIe computer card
|Bus Interface||PCI Express 2.0 x4|
||Industry standard USB 3.2 Gen 1, Gen 2 & 2x2; USB 3.1 Gen 1 & 2; USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1
Thunderbolt 3-only peripherals are NOT supported
|Bus Powered Peripherals Supported||
HD, SSD, SSD RAID
|Cables Supported||USB-C 10Gbps
USB-C 5Gbps (not recommended)
Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps (0.5-, 0.7-, 0.8-meter cables only)
Thunderbolt 3 20Gbps
|Chipset||2x ASMedia 3142|
Complies with OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface), EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface), and xHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) standards
|UASP||USB attached SCSI protocol supported under
macOS 10.12+, Windows 10
|Alternate Modes Support||No|
|Number of Devices Supported||
20Gbps combined port throughput
|Hot Plug||Supports hot-pluggable and hot swappable device connection|
|Boot Support||No computers support booting at this time|
Allegro USB-C 4-Port PCIe adapter card
- 2-years Limited Manufacturer's Warranty