【Sonnet Technologies】Allegro USB-C 2-Port PCIe Card
Compatible with 2019 Mac Pro (macOS 10.12+)
Adds Two USB-C 10Gbps Ports to Your Computer
Supports USB-C Bus-powered Devices with up to 15W (3.0A) power per port
Provides Independent Power Regulation for Each Port to Prevent Accidental Disconnects
Resettable Device Overcurrent Fuses Protect the Card and Computer
USB 3.0 Charging Port Handshake Support
Simultaneously Sync and Charge iPads and Other Devices (that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device)
Supports Storage, Hubs, and Other USB-IF Compliant USB Devices
Supports Hot-swappable Device Connection
Compatbile with macOS, Windows, and Linux
Works in Thunderbolt™ Expansion Systems (like Sonnet's Echo™ Express, xMac™ Pro Server, or xMac mini Server)
Designed in the USA
Enjoy 3% Discount by Using Cash/Wire-Transfer Payment
Copy the code and paste it on checkout!
CHINAM is currently shipping within Hong Kong and specific countries only. We use local courier service as our delivery company. We do not support shipping items in a single order to multiple shipping addresses. To ship items to an additional address, please place a new order to us. Unless otherwise specified, delivery charge at the rate of HK$300 will be imposed on each delivery. We currently offer free delivery for each order over HK$1,000.
For remote areas or outlying islands delivery service, please contact our sales team via email - email@example.com
We will do our best to ship internationally to countries where we do not have sales representation. Please register with us, we’ll keep you updated and notify you when this is about to happen and become available in your region. Please note, at this time the customer is responsible for the duties and taxes imposed by their country.
For international shipping please contact our sales team via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your order has been handed over to the carrier for delivery, you will receive a shipment notification email with an estimated delivery date. Please note that it is not possible to expedite your delivery and receive your package earlier than the scheduled delivery date. Therefore, we are unable to accept requests for expedited delivery. Our carriers are unable to provide an exact time of day for your delivery. If you ordered multiple items, you may receive separate shipments.
- All estimates are based on business days. We only make deliveries in the specified areas of Hong Kong from Monday to Sunday except on the first two days of the Lunar New Year and when typhoon warning signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning is in force.
- All rescheduling of delivery, additional purchases, new sales memos and amendments must be made 3 days before the scheduled delivery date. Otherwise, a double delivery charge will be incurred.
- We may deliver the merchandise in one or more installments, and some of the merchandises may be delivered directly from suppliers. Any times and dates given for dispatch of merchandise, or the length of time that merchandise will take to be delivered, are only estimates. If we are unable to meet any stated dispatch or delivery dates or times we will inform you as to the progress of your order. You agree and accept that under no circumstances will we accept cancellation of order or refund.
Signature On Delivery
- Most of our shipments contain valuable items. If you will not be in attendance to accept delivery of your purchase, consider shipping to someone you trust will be able to sign for your package. For your convenience, you may prefer to have your order delivered to your office address. If you choose this option, please include the name of your business in the address. Please note, if you choose this option, goods may be left with reception or the Mail Room.
- As our carriers require a signature on delivery, the carrier will leave a calling card if you are not at home. Please contact the carrier to reschedule delivery.
- For postal deliveries, no signature is required and order status tracking is not available.
- Delivery failure due to no one answering the door upon the arrival of goods at the appointed time, or to circumstantial limitations such as the entrance being too small, will require a rescheduled delivery and therefore incur double delivery charges.
- We will deliver the merchandise ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order through our staff or a third party provider. You agree to present your photo identification upon request when you acknowledge receipt of the merchandise. The merchandise shall be, and shall be deemed to be, delivered and accepted by you when the merchandise are delivered to the address you give us for delivery. You agree and accept that we are entitled, at our option, to charge you additional costs or cancel your order in the event of your failure to accept delivery for whatever reasons.
- You will become the owner of the merchandise you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once merchandise has been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for the loss or damage.
- You may not export any products purchased at CHINAM online store. We sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Notwithstanding order confirmation, CHINAM may cancel any order where it has reasonable grounds to believe the product is not being purchased for end use.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- We reserve the final right to terminate or alter the above terms and conditions. In the event of any dispute, our decision shall be final and conclusive.
Amazing USB 3.2 Gen 2 Performance: Add Two USB-C 10Gbps Ports to Computers and Thunderbolt Expansion Systems with PCIe Slots
When it comes to supporting the fastest USB drives available, your computer’s USB 3.0 ports are perfectly adequate…for connecting peripherals that don’t depend on the ultimate USB 3.2 speeds. However, common USB 3.0 ports can be underachievers—at 5Gbps, they can’t support the maximum performance from many storage devices, and may not provide enough power to enable them to operate. With Sonnet's Allegro USB-C PCIe card installed into a PCIe slot of a Mac Pro®, Windows®, or Linux® computer, or Thunderbolt Expansion System, you can upgrade to the benefits of SuperSpeed USB-C!
The Allegro™ USB-C PCIe(1) card supports data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0, and can also deliver 15W of power per port to USB-C bus-powered devices (three times the 4.5W specified in the USB 3.0 spec). Don’t settle for mediocre performance or insufficient power for the fastest SSDs—install an Allegro USB-C card to instantly add two Gen 2 USB 3.2 ports to your system and take full advantage of today’s SSD performance.
Sonnet specially engineered the Allegro USB-C card to provide 15W of power through each of its ports. The ports communicate with the host that 3A of VBUS current is available, enabling this Sonnet solution to support USB-C bus-powered SSDs and SSD RAID devices that need 15W during demanding write operations.
The Sonnet Speed Advantage
Featuring the latest high-performance USB 3.2 Gen 2 controller from ASMedia—the ASM 3142—the Allegro USB-C PCIe card supports concurrent data transfers up to 925 MB/s when connected to a two USB-C Gen 2 NVMe SSD devices! Most other cards limit concurrent transfers to half that, a significant disadvantage when time is of the essence.
- Two SuperSpeed USB-C 10Gbps Ports—Adds two USB-C 10Gbps ports to your Mac Pro®, Windows® PC, or Linux® computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt™ to PCIe card expansion system
- Amazing Performance—Transfers data up to 960 MB/s from a single drive, and up to 925 MB/s from each of two drives simultaneously
- Super-Powered Ports—Supports USB-C bus-powered SSD, SSD RAID, and hard drive devices with up to 15W (3.0A) power per port
- Protected Ports—Independent power regulation isolates each port to prevent cross-coupled power glitches that may cause accidental disconnects
- Resettable Fuses—Device overcurrent fuses are resettable—just shut down your machine to reset a fuse without permanent damage to card or computer
- PCIe Data Link Auto-Negotiation—Card auto-negotiates one lane data link in a PCIe 3.0 slot and two lanes in a PCIe 2.0 slot, ensuring full 10Gbps performance in either generation PCIe slot
- Broad USB Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB devices
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection—Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Add USB 3.2 Gen 2 to Thunderbolt Expansion Systems—Add two SuperSpeed USB-C 10Gbps ports to Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion systems
- Easy Installation—Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot
Unlike ordinary USB-C cards, Sonnet's Allegro has the following advantages:
- Delivers 15W of power per port to USB-C bus-powered devices
- Doesn't require separate power plug connection; gets the power required to operate connected drives from the slot it’s installed in
- Independent, per-port power regulation protects each port from glitches on adjacent ports, preventing auto-disconnects of already-connected drives
- Features a resettable fuse on each port, protecting both card and computer should a cable or peripheral fail; resetting a tripped fuse is simple—just shut down and restart your computer
Regulates Power to Each Port
Ordinary USB-C adapter cards deal with power delivered through the ports as an afterthought, requiring an additional power source for the card and providing little regulation. The Allegro is no ordinary adapter card. The card regulates its own power without requiring a back-of-the card power cable connection, thus enabling full compatibility in any computer or Thunderbolt expansion system that doesn’t have these power connectors available.
Sonnet’s Allegro PCIe card is unique in regulating power to each port independently, giving each one protection from power glitches on the adjacent port. Without this protection (such as found on an ordinary card), connects and disconnects of one device may cause auto-disconnects of the other.
Specially engineered to provide 15W of power through each port to support USB-C
bus-powered SSDs and SSD RAID devices that need 15W during demanding write operations
The Allegro features a resettable fuse on each port to protect the card and computer should there be a cable or peripheral failure. Should a fuse trip on the Sonnet card, you can reset it simply by shutting down the computer.
Add USB 3.2 to Your Thunderbolt Mac
Got a Mac with a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? The Allegro is ideal for use in Sonnet’s Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion systems, including Echo Express™ and xMac™ desktop and rackmount systems.
This Allegro USBC-C PCIe installs easily into any PCIe x4 (mechanical) slot; both low-profile and full-height mounting brackets are included. The Sonnet card features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB peripherals.
Sonnet Technologies Allegro USB-C 2-Port PCIe Card Specifications
Mac Pro® 3,1, 4,1, 5,1, or 7,1 (2019)
Computer with PCIe slots
Computer with PCIe slots
|Thunderbolt PCIe Expansion System Compatibility||
Supports USB 3 devices when card is installed in a Thunderbolt to PCIe Card Expansion System
PCIe x4 low-profile computer card; full-height mounting bracket attached, low-profile bracket included
|Bus Interface||PCI Express 3.0 x2|
|Peripherals Supported||Industry standard USB 3.2 Gen 1, Gen 2 & 2x2; USB 3.1 Gen 1 & 2; USB 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1
Thunderbolt 3-only peripherals are NOT supported
|Bus Powered Peripherals Supported||USB-C 10Gbps
USB-C 5Gbps (not recommended)
Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps
- These TB3 cables support Sonnet ThunderLok 3
Thunderbolt 3 20Gbps (0.5-, 0.7-, 0.8-meter cables only)
|Number of Ports||
|Standard||Complies with OHCI (Open Host Controller Interface), EHCI (Enhanced Host Controller Interface), and xHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) standards|
|UASP||USB attached SCSI protocol supported under
macOS 10.12+, Windows 10
|Chipset Throughput||16 Gbps combined port throughput|
|Number of Devices Supported||Up to 31|
|Hot Plug||Supports hot-pluggable and hot swappable device connection|
|Boot Support||No computers support booting at this time.|
- Allegro USB-C PCIe Adapter Card with attached full-height mounting bracket
- Low-profile mounting bracket
- 2-years Limited Manufacturer's Warranty